The Mono Muncher is a range of twin shaft, slow speed, high torque grinders that macerate solids within a flow. Each shaft is fitted with a series of interleaving cutters and spacers to give real 'positive displacement' solids grinding. Once solids become trapped in the slowly revolving cutter stacks, the differential speed of the cutter stacks pull apart fibrous material, crop and shear plastic into small pieces and crush friable or brittle material.
The Muncher has been successfully installed for over 25 years into the following applications:-
- Shafts operate at differential speeds to promote effective shredding of fibrous material
- Mono ETOS cutters offer positive and effective solids maceration
- Low operating speed (typically 45-60 rpm) gives high torque capability
- Cantilever shaft design - no bottom bearings or seals to maintain
- Low cutter tip speeds to eliminate impact loading and reduce wear rates on abrasive applications
- 3 year warranty on raw sewage applications for SB pipeline units
- Pull back TR cutter stack allows ease of maintenance without disturbing the pipeline connections
- Each Muncher is supplied with a programmable logic controller (PLC) to protect the machine against damage and overloads. Profibus data capture system available as an option to interrogate the PLC and obtain operational information, such as reversals, trips, power consumed and health checks. Data can be supplied locally or through remote signalling.
- Munchers can be supplied to comply with the ATEX Directive 94/9/EC