Mono first began manufacturing progressing cavity pumps in 1935 and our heritage is built on this world-renowned design. We have continued to engineer industry-leading pump ranges for over 70 years, together with our other recognized brands for grinders, screens and packaged pumping systems.
We have a proven history of providing quality products with an unrivalled service, and we are passionate about providing the right solution for your business.
Our commitment to quality is reflected in Mono becoming the first progressing cavity pump manufacturer to be certified to ISO 9001, with the latest achievement to the upgrade quality management system ISO 9001:2008. Our most recent award is to the ISO 14001 certification.
Mono's global success is further enhanced by National Oilwell Varco (NOV), our parent company.
NOV is a leading provider of oilfield products and services to the oil and gas industry, with more than 170 years' experience. They have over 63,000 employees around the world with revenues in excess of $20 billion.
Mono has manufacturing plants, offices and distribution centres in the following locations. You can find address and contact details for these sites under the Sales Network section of the site:
- Manchester, UK
- Melbourne, Australia
- Houston, USA
- Ohio, USA
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Shanghai, China
- Rebeuville, France
In addition to our own extensive network, Mono enjoys a number of partnerships with leading distributors around the world, meaning customers can take advantage of Mono's vast expertise and product range, with a local personal service.
- 1921Joseph and Edwin Arnfield start business producing water wheels
- 1935Mono Pumps was formed in London and granted one of 4 original licenses for the progressing cavity pump. Mono entered into an engineering agreement with J & E Arnfield to manufacture the first range of “A” and “C” pumps
- 1938J & E Arnfield move to Guide Bridge works, the present Mono UK site
- 1939Mono takes control of Arnfield on New Years Day
- 1942Mono moves the sales office from London to Guide Bridge works and designs the “D” and “H” Range pumps
- 1957Borehole pump developed to assist the water supply problems in Africa
- 1962First Mutrator installed at Beccles Road Pumping Station, Norfolk
- 1970Launch of the Flexishaft® a new concept in connecting the rotor and the drive shaft
- 1973Muncher® twin-shaft grinder developed and launched
- 1974Mono New Zealand office opens
- 1983Merlin pump developed from the existing “D” and “H” range pumps
- 1989Industrial “E” Range pumps, incorporating the Flexishaft developed to replace existing technology
- 1991Oilfield division is set up to produce rotors and stators for power section downhole pumps
- 2002Begin manufacturing Universal Parts
- 2003Mono acquired by NOV
- 2004Shanghai office in China opens 2004
- 2007Launch Helios – new hygienic pump
- 2009The first 'Maintain in Place' PC pump is launched
Mono Pumps Limited is a subsidiary of National Oilwell Varco Inc. Mono Pumps Limited is a manufacturer of progressing cavity industrial pumps and spares, wastewater products and oilfield equipment. Business activities include metal component manufacture, rubber moulding, pump assembly and storage. Technical, engineering, sales, marketing, financial and office based administration staff support these activities. Mono Pumps Limited also supplies external sales and service support to customers.
Mono Pumps Ltd is committed to maintaining the highest standards of corporate social responsibility in its business activities.
Our Corporate Values can be summarised as:
Best in Class: As a business we strive to be number one in everything we do. Whether that involves being the market leader, being the first choice supplier or by leading by example or being as a role model in our local communities.
Added Value: Delivering value in the eyes of our customers and stakeholders, making a real and positive difference to them, their business and their working life.
Environmentally Aware: This relates equally to our products and the way we do business, as well as the impact we have on our local environment and surroundings.
Customer Focused: By putting the customer first we are able facilitate an open two-way communication channel with the marketplace, aiding the delivery of first class customer solutions which add value and provide peace of mind.
Mono's heritage and global success is further enhanced by National Oilwell Varco (NOV), our parent company.
National Oilwell Varco is a leading provider of oilfield products and services to the worldwide oil and gas industry and has been since 1841. The company’s headquarters are in Houston, USA and it has over 100 subsidiaries with over 1,200 sites around the world, employing 63,000 people. National Oilwell Varco, which has a turnover of $20 billion, acquired Mono in 2003.
NOV is a single source for rig equipment, integrated systems, downhole tools, and supply chain solutions. From a spare part to a comprehensive drilling system — and from a generic valve to a fully integrated supply chain process, National Oilwell Varco delivers unlimited customer solutions. By constantly developing and acquiring new technologies and services to better serve future customer requirements, National Oilwell Varco will continue to be the premier source for diversified products and services worldwide.
Visit the NOV website for more information: http://www.nov.com/
Mono is a worldwide engineering manufacturer with the group head office and major manufacturing plant located in Manchester, UK. This site is responsible for the production of progressing cavity pumps, components, grinders, screens and oilfield products. We first began manufacturing at this site in 1935 and have continually made significant investments in machinery, tooling, equipment and people.
- In our seventy year history, Mono Pumps has become a specialist in machining 316 stainless steel
- We hold extensive tool files for many of our machines
- Our site features a 6 axis CNC lathe machine
- Large raw material stock holding resulting in fast set up, quick turnaround and shorter lead times
- Integration of modern lean manufacturing principles
Our manufacturing facilities hold the following machines:
Mono was the first progressing cavity pump manufacturer to be certified to ISO 9001 and the first to be awarded the upgrade Quality Management System 9001:2000. We have recently been awarded the coveted ISO 14001 certification for our commitment to and implementation of our Environmental Management System.
We are passionate about providing the right solutions for your business. Our experience and expertise is unparalleled; we offer a world-renowned level of service that truly is second to none.
This experience continues to evolve through our commitment to apprenticeship and training schemes, which is testament to our investment in engineering knowledge and expertise. Developing the engineering talent of the future is built into our overriding philosophy.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team. We are interested in candidates from a variety of disciplines and backgrounds, from engineering, skilled labour right through to sales, marketing and commercially minded individuals. If you have the right mix of skills and experience, please visit the Careers page for further information.